Tex-Mex Breakfast CasserolePrep: 45 minutes | Serves 4 - 6 | Products Used: Alpha Crumble
- 2 bags of Alpha Foods Sausage Crumble
- 14 corn tortillas, cut in half
- 1.5 cups red salsa
- 1.5 cups red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups vegan cheese
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
Additional Toppings to Garnish:
- 1 avocado, diced
- Red onion, diced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Add oil of choice to a large skillet under medium heat. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, jalapeno and spices. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Alpha Sausage Crumble and mix with veggies, cook for 5 minutes. Add black beans and corn and cook for another minute.
- Mix enchilada sauce and salsa in a bowl and set aside.
- Start building the casserole layers by adding about ⅓ cup salsa to the bottom of the pan, then layer with tortillas to cover the bottom, then add crumble and veggie mix, cheese and sauce. Repeat the process twice or until you’re out of ingredients. Finish with sauce and some cheese on top. Cover in foil and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Top with avocado, red onion, and cilantro. Enjoy!