Skip to content
- 1 lb of kale (about 5 big leaves)
- 1 lb of collard greens (about 5 big leaves)
- ½ onion (any kind), diced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups of veggie stock or broth
- ½ jalapeno, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 pieces of vegan bacon OR 1 tsp liquid smoke or smoked salt
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Start with the Soulful Greens, prepare the greens by washing and massaging them with your hands.
- Cut greens into bite-sizes pieces (folding/rolling them helps!) keep the stems for more of a “bite” and to get more nutrients or leave them out.
- If you’re using vegan bacon, dice and heat in a large pot (stock pan) for 1-2 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic, jalapenos and smoked paprika to the pan and enough veggie broth/stock to let them cook. Sauté for about 3 minutes or until the onion has begun to become transparent.
- Add the chopped greens and veggie stock to the pot and stir.
- Let simmer for about 30-40 min, tasting and adding salt & black pepper as needed.
- Cook the Alpha Grilled Chik’n Strips according to package cooking instructions.
- While sautéing, add in garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Once finished cooking, toss in BBQ sauce in the pan.
- Plate the BBQ Chik’n and Soulful Greens with your favorite mac and cheese to make a Simple Soulful Plate, enjoy!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.