Salsa VerdePrep: 10 minutes | Serves 4
- 8 tomatillos, husks and stems removed
- 2-3 serranos or 1 jalapeno, stems removed
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, skin removed
- 3 garlic cloves, skin removed
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- big pinch of salt
- Alpha Tamales
- Fill a large pot with water then add all the ingredients minus the salt and cilantro. Let it come to a boil and boil until tomatillos are darker in color and the outer skin of the tomatillo begins to soften, about 6-7 minutes.
- Transfer all ingredients to a blender, then add in 1/2 bunch cilantro (stems included) and a big pinch of salt. Blend on high for 1 minute. Taste and add more salt to your liking.
- Cook Alpha Tamales according to package instructions, scoop salsa on tamales and sprinkle with cilantro and plant-based feta crumbles if you’d like. Enjoy!
Hungry for more? Try our Guajillo Salsa Roja recipe.