Plant-Based Charcuterie BoardPrep: 50 minutes | Serves 4-6 | Products Used: Chik'n Nuggets, Chik'n Strips, Alpha Crumble
- 1 cup Quick & Cheesy Plant-Based Bolognese, warm (recipe below)
- 1 recipe Mini Teriyaki Chik’n Skewers (recipe below)
- 6-8 each Spicy and Regular Alpha Chik’n Nuggets, cooked according to package instructions
- 5-6 sprigs each assorted fresh herbs
- 14 oz of your fave assorted plant-based cheese, cut into 1-in. cubes
- Variety of crackers and/or bread and crostini
- ½ cup jarred sun-dried tomatoes, drained, and patted dry
- ½ cup prepared plant- based garlic aioli
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1½ cups assorted roasted salted nuts
- 1½ cups assorted olives
- 1-2 small clusters seedless red grapes
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- ¼ cup olive oil 1 pkg (8 oz) Alpha Meatless Sausage Crumble
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ¾ tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup prepared marinara sauce
- 12 pieces of Alpha Chik’n Strips, thawed but cold
- 2 tbsp vegan Asian BBQ Sauce or Teriyaki Sauce
- ½ small red bell pepper
- 2 green onions
- 6 small (4-in.) bamboo skewers
- 2 tbsp oil
1. To begin assembling charcuterie board, prepare Quick Plant-Based Bolognese and Mini Teriyaki Chik’n Skewers. Set aside. Combine herb sprigs into a bunch, tie together with butcher’s twine and place on outer edges of platter.
2. Arrange cubed cheeses onto edge of platter and surround with crackers.
3. Arrange sun-dried tomatoes in dip bowl and place onto serving platter. Arrange Mini Teriyaki Chik’n Skewers onto of platter; placing on parchment paper, if desired.
4. Fill dip bowl with aioli. Arrange nuggets onto board.
5. Place Bolognese into large (10oz) ramekin and place into one corner of the platter. Arrange, apple slices, crostini or other crackers around ramekin. Arrange, nuts, olives, grapes and pomegranate seeds onto any remaining empty spaces of platter.
Quick & Cheesy Plant-Based Bolognese:
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add sausage and cook 4-5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally; adding more oil as needed to crisp sausage.
2. Stir in onion and Italian seasoning. Reduce heat to medium and cook 7-9 minutes or until onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic, marinara and 3 tbsp of water to skillet. Return to a simmer and cook 5 minutes; stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
4. When ready to serve, place into a microwave-safe container. Cover and microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until hot; stirring halfway through cooking.
Mini Teriyaki Chik’n Skewers:
1. Combine Chik’n Strips and sauce in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside for ten minutes to marinate. Meanwhile, cut pepper and green onion into 1-in. strips.
2. Assemble skewers; alternating from Chik’n, pepper and green onion, repeating this process once per skewer to make 6 skewers.
3. Heat oil a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Cook skewers 30-60 seconds per side or until browned.