Patatas BravasPrep: 40 minutes | Serves 2
- 4-5 large red potatoes, diced with skin on
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt / pepper to taste
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 ½ cans chipotle peppers in adobo
- Juice of half a lime
- Small handful of cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup plain unsweetened vegan yogurt
- 3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1 wedge of lime juiced
- Alpha Foods Tamales (we used Chik'n Verde!)
- Pico de Gallo
- Lime Wedges
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Dice your potatoes, skin on, and in a large bowl toss with 4 tbsp olive oil, chili powder, cumin, salt / pepper to taste, and cayenne.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender & slightly browned. Flip frequently.
- For the sauce, blend your red enchilada sauce, & garlic cloves, with the chipotle peppers & adobo in the can. Add as many chipotle peppers to your desired spice level. Once blended, blend in your cilantro, salt to taste, and lime juice.
- When the potatoes are ready, add back to the bowl you initially tossed them in & add in some of your sauce. Toss to combine.
- Mix your yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, and salt to taste and drizzle over top of the potatoes.
- Cook your Alpha Tamale according to package instructions. Place on a plate with some of the patatas bravas, pico de gallo, guacamole, lime wedges and fresh cilantro, enjoy!
We recommend pairing this with Chili Lime Black Beans for the ultimate plant-based feast!