Nacho PizzaPrep: 15 minutes | Serves 2 | Products Used: Alpha Crumble
- 2 12” tortillas
- 1 package Alpha Foods Beefy Crumbles
- 12 oz refried beans
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk
- 4 oz vegan cheese shreds
- 1/3 cup red sauce
- 2 Tbsp pico de gallo
- 3 Tbsp carne asada sauce (optional)
- oil for frying
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp oregano
Additional Topping Ideas
- Vegan sour cream
- Green onions
- Pickled or fresh jalapenos guacamole
- If making your taco seasoning from scratch, do so now and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a cast iron skillet or large pan.
- Once oil is up to about 350 degrees, carefully place one of the tortillas in it. Push down the bubbles that will form. Carefully flip it and fry until lightly browned. About 45 seconds to a minute per side. Remove and let dry on a cooling rack. Repeat with the other tortilla.
- Warm up your refried beans and add the plant-based milk. The milk will make the beans creamier and easier to spread. Once beans are heated through, reduce to low and keep warm.
- Add a bit of oil to a pan and cook the crumbles (you could also empty out most of the oil that you fried the tortillas in and use that pan). Add the taco seasoning and stir to combine so the seasoning is evenly distributed. If using the carne asada sauce, add now and stir until combined. Once heated through remove from heat.
- Assemble the pizza as follows on a cooking rack or baking sheet. Bottom tortilla, refried beans, 3/4 of the crumbles, 2nd tortilla, red sauce, cheese, the rest of the crumbles. You can also add some pico de gallo and jalapenos if you’d like!
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it so you don't burn your tortillas. You can also put it under the broiler for a few minutes to melt your cheese.
- Once cheese is melted remove from oven, top with pico de gallo, vegan sour cream and whatever you want! If you have carne asada sauce, we recommend making a sauce that is equal parts vegan mayo and carne asada sauce and drizzle that on the pizza, it's a winner! ENJOY!