Guajillo Salsa RojaPrep: 30 minutes | Serves 4
- 14 guajillos, stems removed and seeds removed
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, skin removed
- 2 garlic cloves, skin removed
- 1/4 bunch cilantro
- big pinch of salt
- 1 cup water for blending
- 2 tbsp oil
- Alpha Tamales
- Fill a large pot with water then add all the ingredients minus the salt, oil and cilantro. Let it come to a boil for 25 minutes or until guajillos are really softened.
- Transfer all ingredients to a blender, then add in 1/4 bunch cilantro (stems included) and a big pinch of salt, 2 tbsp oil. Blend on high for 1 minute. Taste and add more salt to your liking. You can add more water if needed.
- Cook Alpha Tamales according to package instructions, scoop salsa on tamales and sprinkle with cilantro and plant-based feta crumbles if you’d like. Enjoy!
Hungry for more? Try our Salsa Verde recipe.