Chik'n Caprese SandwichPrep: 30 minutes | Serves 2
Chik'n Caprese Sandwich
- 4 slices sourdough breadOlive oil, for brushing
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut into long thin strips
- 4 oz plant-based mozzarella
- 1 package of Alpha Foods Chik'n Patties, sliced
- Balsamic glaze
- Turn on oven to 425F and bake Alpha Foods Chik'n Patties as per package instructions.
- Once patties are baked, heat a frypan on low. Brush outside of slices with olive oil.With oiled side down in pan, add your sliced Alpha Foods Chik'n Patty.
- On top of the chik'n, add a layer of dairy free mozzarella cheese and sprinkle basil strips over top of cheese.
- Next, add a layer of sliced tomatoes.Sprinkle a little salt over the tomatoes, and lightly drizzle with balsamic glaze. Finish by closing the sandwich with the 2nd slice of bread with the oiled side on top.
- To encourage the cheese to melt, cover the pan. Cook for 7-10 minutes each side on low. Serve immediately and enjoy!