Chik'n and WafflesPrep: 20 minutes | Serves 2
- 1 bag Alpha Foods Chik’n Nuggets
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil (slightly cooled)
- 2 flaxseed eggs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Maple syrup
- Plant-based butter
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Blend the wet ingredients together then hand mix in dry until just combined. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes while your waffle maker warms.
- Spray your waffle maker with non-stick spray and use a 1/4-1/2 cup (depending on your waffle maker size) measuring spoon to ladle batter onto the hot waffle iron. Cook the waffles as directed for your specific waffle maker until crispy. Repeat until the batter is gone.
- Cook your desired amount of Alpha Nuggets as directed on the packaging until crispy.
- Plate two waffles, top with three Alpha Nuggets, diced or whole, butter, maple syrup, and a little hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy!
- You can refrigerate any extra waffles in an airtight container for up to three days or freeze for up to three months.