Chik’n Tikka MasalaPrep: 15 minutes | Serves 2
- 1 package Alpha Foods Chik’n Strips
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ jalapeño, diced
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger, or ½ tsp ginger powder
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with juice
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 Tbsp avocado oil, divided
- Heat a medium saucepan with 1 Tbsp avocado oil. Add onion, sauté until tender. Add garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes. Next, add diced tomatoes, ginger, and all spices. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, place all ingredients into a blender with coconut milk. Blend until sauce is smooth.
- In the sauce pan, heat ½ Tbsp avocado oil, add cumin seeds, and cook until they pop. Add sauce to pan, and simmer until gravy becomes thick. Set aside to cool.
- In separate pan, heat 1 Tbsp avocado oil, add Chik’n Strips, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add Chik’n Strips to gravy, stir, and serve with naan, roti or rice. Enjoy!