Skip to content
- 3-4 Alpha Burritos
- 1.5 poblano peppers, seeded, stems removed and chopped
- ¼ cup red onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup plant-based milk
- ½ cup vegan cheese
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook Alpha Burritos in the oven for 12 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- While the Alpha Burritos are in the oven, make the sauce. Melt ½ tbsp butter in a saucepan under medium heat. Add peppers, onion and garlic. Sauté for about 10 minutes or until poblano peppers are soft and lightly browned. Add the rest of the butter and flour along with vegetable broth. Whisk quickly to avoid clumps. Cook under heat for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Take sauce off of heat to cool slightly, then add to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Pour back in the pot and add milk, cheese and salt & pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes, then mix in cilantro.
- Arrange Alpha Burritos in a deeper skillet or oven safe dish. Pour the sauce over burritos, add a little extra cheese on top and cook for 5 minutes at 400°F. Remove burritos from the oven and top with fresh tomatoes, extra cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.