Beer-Battered Onion RingsPrep: 10 minutes | Serves 4
- 2 large onions
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 1/2 cup beer (or water)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp pickle brine
- 2 Tbsp pickled jalapeno brine
- Cut your onions into rings about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the onion rings in a bowl of ice water to chill while you prepare the wet and dry mixes.
- Combine all ingredients for the dry mix in a bowl. Do the same for the ingredients of the wet mix in another bowl. The wet mix should be a little runnier than pancake mix, make sure it's not too goopy! Add more beer if it's too thick, or a little more flour if it's too thin.
- Bring a pot of oil to 375 degrees.
- Remove onions from the bowl of ice water and pat dry.
- Dunk each onion ring in the flour, then the beer batter. Shake off any excess. This process is easier if you use a fork and not your hands.
- Carefully place in the oil, make sure you don't crowd the pot with too many onion rings. Fry until golden brown, then remove to cool on a cooling rack. Once all the onion rings are fried, serve with your favorite dipping sauce and Alpha product. Enjoy!