Skip to content
- 1 sheet vegan puff pastry, thawed about (10x14 inches)
- 1 bag of Alpha Beefy Crumbles
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¾ cups breadcrumbs
- ½ cup onion, diced small
- ½ cup mushrooms, diced small
- 1/3 cup celery, diced small
- 1/3 cup carrots, diced small
- ¼ cup veggie broth
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 5 tbsp water (flax egg)
- 1 tbsp melted butter or plant-based milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare your flax egg in a small dish, mix and set aside.
- Add garlic, onion, mushrooms, celery and carrots to a large pan and sauté under medium/low heat for 5 minutes. Add Alpha Beefy Crumbles, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, sage, salt, pepper, veggie broth and cook for another 5 minutes under medium heat. Set aside and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Once cool, add flax egg and breadcrumbs. Combine well, preferably with hands to make sure everything is well incorporated. Lay out pastry sheet on baking sheet and roll out. Carefully pack, shape and place the log in the middle of the pastry sheet. Wrap one side, then the other and gently press together. Cut ends if necessary and fold in, gently press together. Carefully flip the log so the sealed edge is on the bottom and not visible. Brush with plant-based milk or melted butter. Make diagonal slits by using a sharp knife with about 1 inch a part. Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with your favorite veggies and cranberry jam for a perfect holiday meal or enjoy on its own. Enjoy!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.