- 2 Alpha Foods Beefy Burger Patties
- 2 hamburger buns
- 16 oz of tater tots
- 1-2 jalapenos (sliced)
- 1 avocado
- Garlic salt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Plant-Based Cheese Sauce:
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups plant-based milk (unsweetened)
- 8 oz shredded or cubed vegan cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Garlic salt to taste
- Make the guacamole by combining the avocado, garlic salt to taste and lime juice. Refrigerate it while you make everything else.
- Pop the tater tots in the oven and cook according to package instructions (usually around 25 minutes).
- To make the cheese sauce, add the vegan butter to a saucepan and melt over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the flour and whisk to combine. Cook on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add in plant-based milk 1/2 cup at a time, whisking in between. Once milk has been added and whisked thoroughly, bring to a light boil.
- After the sauce starts bubbling, add the vegan cheese and stir constantly to melt.
- Add the nutritional yeast, turmeric and garlic salt to taste.
- When the cheese sauce has fully melted, set the heat to the lowest setting and cover with a lid.
- Cook the Alpha Burgers and sliced jalapenos in a pan over medium heat in a bit of oil. Once Burgers are cooked through and jalapenos are slightly charred, turn off heat.
- Once tater tots are cooked, assemble the Alpha Burgers with guacamole, tater tots, jalapenos and top everything off with some cheese sauce. Top your leftover tater tots with cheese sauce for a side of totchos, enjoy!