Skip to content
- 1 package of Alpha Foods Beefy Crumble
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup carrots
- ½ cup celery
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can tomato passata
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup vegetable broth or to desired consistency
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp raw cane sugar to taste
- salt, pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti or gluten-free pasta
- fresh basil
- plant-based cheese (optional)
- Peel onion, garlic, carrots and celery and cut into thin cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan or skillet and cook the beef crumble until crisp and golden brown.
- Add the onions, carrots and celery and cook until the onions are translucent. Then add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Next, add the vegetable broth, tomato paste and tomatoes and stir to combine. Season the sauce with salt, pepper, Italian herbs and sugar to taste and simmer for 15-20 minutes over medium heat until the sauce is well-thickened. (Add more vegetable broth, if needed).
- In the meantime, cook the spaghetti in salted water until 'al dente'. Then drain.
- Serve the spaghetti topped with Bolognese sauce and garnish as desired with fresh basil and plant-based cheese. Enjoy!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.