Beefy Chipotle CheesesteakPrep: 30 minutes | Serves 4
- 2 packages Alpha Foods Beefy Crumbles
- 4 hoagie rolls or sub buns
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce, diced
Chipotle Cheese Sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cup plant-based milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce, diced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 8 oz vegan cheddar cheese shreds
- garlic salt to taste
- Make the Chipotle Cheese Sauce first. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the flour and whisk to combine. Cook on medium for 1 minute.
- Add the milk slowly, whisking the whole time. Once it's all combined bring to a low boil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, adding the cheese shreds last. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk the cheese shreds until they are melted. Taste the cheese sauce to adjust seasoning to taste. Once it is to your liking, set the heat to the lowest setting and cover to keep warm.
- In another pan (preferably a wide non-stick skillet) heat up some oil. Then add the peppers, jalapenos, and onions. Cook until translucent and slightly browned, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the Alpha Beefy Crumbles to the pan and stir to combine. Add taco seasoning and stir to combine.
- Once the meat has browned (should take about 5-6 minutes) add the diced chipotle and stir to combine. Cook for another minute or so and adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Split the hoagie rolls and fill them up with the Beefy mixture, then top with the Chipotle Cheese Sauce. Enjoy!