Alpha Burrito ChimichangasPrep: 20 minutes | Serves 4 | Products Used: All-Day Burritos
- 4 Alpha Burritos of choice (thawed)
- Oil for frying
- Handful of cilantro
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- Iceberg lettuce
- Jalapeño slices (fresh or pickled)
- 1 Avocado
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Garlic salt to taste
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- Lime to taste (we used the juice of 1 small lime)
- You'll want to thaw your Alpha Burritos, you can do this overnight in the fridge. You can also microwave them for 1 minute. But don't cook them all the way through!
- Make the Quick Crema by combining the sour cream and lime. Add more lime to make it zestier and thinner.
- Heat up some oil to 350 - 375 degrees. You can fry these in either a deep pot or a cast-iron skillet.
- While oil is heating up, thread some toothpicks through the seams of the burrito so they hold together. Otherwise, they tend to unfold when they hit the hot oil. We used 2 toothpicks per burrito and just pinned it down on each end of the burrito.
- Once the oil is up to temperature, carefully add a burrito (more if you have a bigger pot) and fry until golden brown, then set to rest on a wire rack.
- Make the Guacamole by combining 1 avocado with some lime juice and some garlic salt to taste.
- Add the lettuce to a plate, then add the chimichangas. Top with the crema, guacamole, jalapenos, and pico de gallo. Enjoy!